In the Web Tab you can manage the pages, create and modify your placements, logics, and designs. Here you can configure and test your recommender boxes, and choose from the following options:
- Which pages of your site you want to display recommendations on
- What logics and design you want to apply for the recommendations on these pages
A page is a specific type of a page on your website where you want to display recommendations (e.g. Product Page, Category Page, Cart Page)
A recommendation box on a page is called a "Placement". A placement consists of two elements:
- A design, which is the visible layout of the recommendation box
- A logic, that is the set of rules, based on which items are generated in your box (popular items, related items, personalized recommendations, etc.)
Whenever you add a new placement, a new logic and layout will be generated. You can also use already created logics and designs for new placements, or create designs and logics separately.
To create a new placement on a page, click on Add new placement button.
Choose one of the options: creating a new design or using existing design, and follow the further instructions.
If you have existing placements you will see them listed in the following order:
Placement name - Applied Logic - Chosen Design
By clicking Placement Name Box, you will see the pop-up window on the right where you can do the following actions:
- Publish or unpublish your placement by sliding the Publish/Unpublish button
- Change the position of your placement on your web page with a visual selector using Replace visually Button
- Preview the recommendation box by using the Preview Button, and
- Remove placement by clicking Delete placement
By going to the Applied Logic box, you can edit the logic by clicking on the logic applied in the pop-up window, or create a new logic by clicking Add new logic button. You can edit an applied logic by clicking on the pencil icon.
At Chosen Design box, you can do the following actions:
View available designs,
- Edit available designs
- Choose a design for the current placement
- Add additional URL
- Define page detection
- Define page type
- Modify item properties
- Add additional scripts