How recommendations are served
To have a more comprehensive view on Dash it might be important to understand the process how Yusp connects with your website and serves recommendations.
All the functions and configuration options are related, whether to how the system imports and updates your product catalog, or how it uses the behavioral and item data it collected from your site to serve recommendations, be it in recommender boxes on various pages of your site, or in emails and search boxes, using our two new features, SmartMail and SmartSearch.
Below, I'll list and briefly explain the various menu points accessible from the Yusp Dash. You can click on each of the titles to access a detailed summary of the options accessible from that particular menu.
The Dashboard is an overview of how Yusp performs on your website. You can access information about:
- How many recommendations you have used up in the current subscription month and how many impressions does your current plan allow
- What are your global CTRs, and other recommendations KPIs
- Which step are you at in each Yusp setup wizard
Here you can find detailed statistics (CTRs, revenue generated, etc.) about the performance of your recommendations. You can filter the statistics for any certain recommender box you have enabled on one of your website's pages or for a chosen time period.
Under the Web menu, you can configure and test your recommender boxes. You can find options here, such as:
- Which pages of your site you want to display recommendations on
- What logics and designs you want to use in these pages
Each page is a type of page on your site, where you want to display recommendations. A recommendation box on a page is called a "Placement". A placement consists of two elements:
- A design, which is the visible layout of the recommendation box
- A logic, that is the set of rules, based on which items are generated in your box (popular items, related items, personalized recommendations, etc.)