In this topic we are going to cover how to track you visitor's behavioral data and purchases and how import your item feed and keep it synchronized.
If you are using Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop or Unas you can skip this topic, because the module does it for you.
Your visitors are leaving plenty of footprints on your website – they browse, click, leave, return and eventually buy. If you let that data flow through Yusp’s algorithms and show tailored recommendations for them they will get more engaged and convert better. To get those data is obligatory to place tracking codes to your site.
0. Log in to your dashboard (www.yourshopID.yusp.com)
Insert general tracking code
In order to add the Yusp general tracking code requires basic understanding of web tracking, but to implement buy event tracking most probably you gonna need your developer's assist.
The general code snippet should be pasted within the head tag in every of your pages.
You can copy the code from the following source Integration > Web > Tracking Code.
Insert buy event tracking code
This snippet is responsible to measure the income through Yusp recommendations.
You may find this code under the Integration > Web > Buy event tab. This is only an example.
Take care of the following requirements to get the right data:
1. Make sure that the general tracking code is inserted into the page which appears after the checkout.
2. Add the below code to the after checkout page.
var _gravity = _gravity || ;
3.The code should contain one BUY event for each product bought. Also add the actual unit price to the “price” field and the quantity to the “quantity” field.
4. For BUY tracking we recommend to use your internal product ID as “itemId” so please also set up the product ID crawling manually.
At the left navigation bar select integration > Feed > Item Feed.
1. Add your item feed. - read more about feed formation here.
2. Select a start time - must be in the future. For example when its 1:20 PM set the start time to 1:21 and wait until its ready. You'll see a state message at the right tab.
3. Run recurrent import.
+1: in case you are not sending a feed that uses the same attributes as our sample, you'll need to apply a Feed Transformer that does this for you. Select from the pre-defined ones or create a new one accordingly. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you need help.
When the import is ready you can check your products from the Database tab.