This step is perhaps the most crucial part of the installation process.
Here you have to define the context of the recommendations. On a Product page that means the currently viewed item's ID, on a Cart these are the IDs of the products added to the shopping cart, and on a Category page the category path or ID of the listing.
If it is not set properly, we are not going to be able to provide recommendations on your site.
0. click on any of your predefined page types
You can easily set up a unique identifier:
Navigate to Channels > Web > Pages
1. Switch to Item properties
2. click on add new - that will insert a default item property. You have to use the same unique property you are using on you site as well - SKU or itemId most probably.
How to define your item properties:
- If you are using one of our eCommerce plugins, use the following settings:
Product page -> Define Name: itemId, Selector: meta[name='itemId'] and Value: content
Cart page -> Define Name: itemInCart, Selector: meta[name='itemInCart'] and Value: content
Category page -> Define Name: categoryPath, Selector: meta[name='categoryPath'] and Value: content
- In case of custom integration, look for your ids and paths within your site and code and input it accordingly under the item properties.
Note: use the Selector field to define the DOM element and Value as the attribute that contains the ID itself.
- Wordpress WooCommerce / Prestashop :
- We have a dedicated Woocommerce plugin, / Prestashop module that connects your shop with your Yusp Dashboard and also handles seamless user and product catalog synchronization.
- Shopify: Use our Shopify plugin. For instructions on how to set up Yusp using the Shopify plugin, check out this page, or follow the built in setup guide inside the Yuspify application.